Length: 16″- 82″
Thickness: 3/8″ (10mm)
Wood swatches are representations only. May not be exactly as shown.
Kember EcoKlik™ Maple Smoked
Kember EcoKlik™ is designed for use with below, on, or above grade installations. With concrete subfloors, the moisture level must be below 3lbs/1000 square ft/24 hours Once these conditions are met, installation can begin. If the subfloor being covered is radiant-heated, Kember Kreative Floors™ recommends using Kember EcoKlik™ flooring. Kember EcoKlik™ is specially designed for use on radiant-heated subfloors.
Finish Kember Kreative Floors™ has developed a unique set of colours with vivid tones that enhance the natural features of hardwood using water-based stains. Nine coatings are applied in total, 2 stain, 4 base coats and 3 topcoats; the use of micronized aluminum oxide is optimized (a.k.a nano-technology) to ensure long-term coating performance. Kember Kreative Floors™ topcoats are enhanced with anti-yellowing agents which significantly reduce the yellowing effects of UV exposure, ensuring years of colourfast natural wood flooring.
Wear layer A 1mm hardwood wear layer provides the look, sound and feel of traditional solid wood floors.
Core An 8mm HDF core provides greater stability than natural wood flooring with a lower step-up height, making KemberEcoklik™ ideal in condominium apartments and rooms in which low ceiling heights are an issue. KemberEcoklik™ floors are often low enough that no adjustments need to be made to the bottom height of existing doors.
Sound barrier Installed underneath KemberEcoklik™, our acoustical foam with moisture barrier attached, serves as an impact noise dampening, both above and below the floor. KemberEcoklik™ floors have an impact insulation class rating of 61 over an 8″ concrete slab, exceeding the IIC rating of 55 required by most condominiums and apartment buildings. This layer also softens the feel underfoot of KemberEcoklik™ floors, providing an authentic solid wood floor experience.
KemLoc™ assembly system KemLoc™ is a patented floor assembly system developed in Belgium. Utilizing a unique tongue-and-groove-like system, KemLoc™ allows the planks to securely snap together without the use of nails, straps or adhesives to keep the floor together. A proprietary hinge system on the ends of the plank also secure plank ends to ensure there are no gaps. KemberEcoklik™ floors are floating, meaning they can be applied over any wood or concrete sub-floors. Since no nails or glues are involved, repairs are literally a snap – simply disassemble the floor, replace the plank in question and reassemble it.
Pre-Installation Requirements During installation, pre-finished hardwood floors need to be handled with care to avoid damaging the flooring surface and finish. In any construction or renovation project, installation of hardwood floors should be the very last step.
1. Room temperature must be maintained between 55-72°F (13-22°C) for one week prior, during and after installation.
2. Subfloor must be dry and basement well ventilated to avoid any moisture-related damages.
3. At all times the relative humidity must be maintained between 15% and 80%.
4. The maximum moisture level reading for wooden subfloors is 12%, with no more than a 4% differential between the subfloor and wooden planks. If installing over a concrete subfloor, the moisture level must be below 5 lbs/1000ft2 in 24 hours (floating) or 3 lbs/1000ft2 in 24 hours (glue down). Raise heat and increase ventilation if moisture reading is too high. Postpone installation of wood floor until moisture readings have lowered to an acceptable level.
5. If installing over radiant heat, the system must have been tested and operational for 3 weeks. The surface temperature of the subfloor must never exceed 85°F(29°C).
1. Subfloor must be securely fastened to joists to prevent any movement or squeaks. If movements or squeaks are evident, additional screws should be added to subfloor, until this problem is eliminated.
2. The maximum subfloor level tolerance is 1/4″(6mm) per 10′ (3m). If the subfloor is outside of this tolerances, it is essential to level out any intolerances using a leveling compound. If necessary, use #20 grit sandpaper to sand off any highpoints of a wooden subfloor. If concrete, use a concrete grinder to remove the high points.
3. Finally, before installation of flooring, vacuum the subfloor and remove any debris or obstacles.
4. Roll out acoustical underlayment (optional) with a moisture barrier over the entire floor surface. Tape all the seams.
1. Select a starting point or wall.
2. Choose a layout angle.
3. Undercut or remove any baseboards if necessary.
4. Undercut doorjamb and doorstop to allow flooring to be inserted underneath.
5. Pre-select and reserve strips of flooring that are color matched to transition moldings. (Transition moldings to be installed at end of project.)
Installation KemberEcoKlik™ flooring is specially equipped with the European-designed KemLoc™ joint. The KemLoc™ joint system uses a unique tongue-and-groove joint that is able to withstand the most extreme pressure. With this method, planks do not need to be nailed or glued down. Simply by “clicking” the joints together, planks are held firmly in place. Floors are easily relocated up to three times under full warranty by simply un-clicking and then re-clicking the planks together again.
Step 1: Plank laying Carefully choose planks, removing any imperfections and reserving planks with high color variation for more conspicuous locations such as closets. Click together two rows of flooring, spanning the full length of the room. Align these two rows 1/2″ (12mm) away from the starting wall, and adjacent walls.
Select a plank long enough for row end, so that the piece trimmed off can be used to start the following row. Make sure to leave 1/2″ (12mm) gap at the end of each row between the plank and wall.
To prevent the effect of end-joint alignment, planks should differentiate at least 4″ (101mm) in length than that of the row beside it.
Continue installation of planks across the full width of the room.
Often times, the last row must be ripped to allow for the required 1/2″ (12mm) gap alongside the finishing wall.
Carefully store extra planks, in the event that future repairs are needed.
Step 2: Accessory installation
If applicable, install transition moldings, end cap, t mold and reducers.
Install baseboards and quarter rounds, ensuring that they are nailed only to the wall and not the floor [allowing for floor movement].
Radiant Heat Installations
Caution: Prior to installation of KemberKlik™ wood flooring, the radiant heat system must have been tested and in operation for three  weeks. The surface temperature of the sub-floor must never exceed 85°F (29°C). Proper relative humidity levels must be maintained consistently throughout the year. Use humidifiers and/or dehumidifiers as necessary to maintain suggested humidity level. Never change the temperature of a sub-floor radiant heat system by more than 5°F (2.8°C) per day when switching the system on and off.
A full range of compatible molding options are available for use in conjunction with KemberEcoklik™ flooring. Provide the ultimate finishing touch to the borders of your KemberEcoklik™ floor.
T-molding: Used to transition between two floor coverings of equal height.
Reducer: Used to transition between two floor coverings of different heights.
End cap: Used to finish the outside perimeter of your room or to transition two different floor coverings of equal height.
Stair nosing: Coming soon…
Floor maintenance tips: Do
1. To prevent scratching the finish, sweep or vacuum floors often to eliminate dust and abrasives.
2. Mop up spills immediately to safeguard floor from cupping.
3. Use of rugs in and outside of entranceways as well as high traffic areas, (i.e. dishwasher, in front of sinks) will help prevent your floor from showing early signs of wear. Use rugs with mesh backings, which prevent humidity from being trapped underneath the rug.
4. Securely fasten felt pads to the bottom of furniture legs or feet to prevent scratching of floors. Replace pads when needed.
5. Use only large, rubber or polyurethane castors. Caution: Plastic castors may potentially damage your floor.
6. When moving heavy furniture, don’t compromise the finish of your wood flooring. Flip a mat or small rug over and place a smaller piece of plywood on top of rug. Place furniture carefully on top of plywood. Slide furniture safely and smoothly to its new location.
7. Trim your pet’s claws often to avoid scratching of floors.
8. Kember Kreative Floors™ uses anti-yellowing UV stains that reduce and delay the effects of the sun on your hardwood floors. Kember Kreative Floors™ advises the use of curtains or blinds whenever possible to aid in the UV protection of your flooring. The yellowing of lightwood species is a natural phenomenon, that can only be delayed, and not completely eliminated.
9. Make sure to maintain a relative humidity level between 15% and 60%. Wood is a natural material that reacts to relative humidity variations. High humidity causes buckling in wood floors, and low humidity causes gapping between strips. Control the humidity with a dehumidifier and/or humidifier. If the subfloor is heated with radiant heat, ensure the surface temperature never exceeds 85°F(29°C). Never adjust the system by more than 5°F(2.8°C) per day when turning the system on and off.
10. Lightly mist floors with hardwood floor cleaner, then clean and polish using a terry cloth mop.
1. Never wet mop hardwood floors.
2. Never change the temperature of a subfloor radiant heat system by more than 5°F(2.8°C) per day when switching the system on and off.
3. Never use wax, oil-based, or other household cleaning detergents on your floors. Never allow high-heels or cleats on your floor, as they will damage the finish.
Structural Lifetime Warranty
KemberEcoklik™ – Kember Kreative Floors™ warrants to the original purchaser its KemberEcoklik™ engineered pre-finished hardwood floor against buckling, twisting, de-lamination, warping, and cupping under standard environment conditions. Standard environment conditions mean that the interior relative humidity level in your home remain between 15% and 80% year-round.
Installations Over Radiant Heated Subfloors KemberEcoklik™ can be installed over a radiant-heated subfloor. In order to ensure that buckling, twisting, delamination, warping, and cupping do not occur, never change the temperature of a subfloor radiant heat system by more than 5°F(2.8°C) per day when switching the system on and off. Prior to installation of KemberEcoklik™ wood flooring, the radiant heat system must have been tested and in operation for three  weeks. The surface temperature of the subfloor must never exceed 85°F(29°C). Proper relative humidity levels must be maintained consistently throughout the year. Use humidifiers and/or dehumidifiers as necessary to maintain suggested humidity level.
Coverage This warranty covers and is limited to the replacing or repairing (at Kember Kreative Floors™’s discretion) the defective boards due to manufacturing defects that exceed the five percent [5%] industry standard (material only). Any damage that has been incurred due to inappropriate storage, installation, transportation, extreme indoor conditions [outside of the 15%-80% relative humidity range], intense sunlight, or by any other cause are not covered under the warranty. Due to the natural properties of wood, minor contraction and expansion will occur. These minor dimensional alterations that occur during seasonal climate changes are not covered under this warranty.
50-Year Finish Warranty Kember Kreative Floors™ warrants to the original purchaser that the surface finish, UV cured and factory applied on its pre-finished hardwood floors will not wear through or separate from the wood for a period of:
Fifty-years , from the date of purchase, when used under normal residential traffic conditions
Three-years  from the date of purchase, when used under light commercial conditions, such as business offices, clothing and/or toy stores [or any non-food service stores] in shopping malls, for all products. Kember Kreative Floors™ does not recommend the use of American Cherry or American Walnut on light commercial application due to the low relative hardness of these specific species. These warranties are subject to the compliance of all installation and maintenance guidelines provided by Kember Kreative Floors™.
To File a Claim A claim needs to be filed by the original purchaser in the unlikely event of a breech of warranty. The purchaser must contact in writing, both the store where the product was purchased, as well as Kember Kreative Floors™. Written notice must be filed no later than thirty-days  subsequent to the occurrence of the problem that has given reason for a claim to be filed, and within the warranty coverage period. Information must be provided to verify identity of original purchaser, as well as invoices for proof of purchase. Flooring in question must have been purchased from an authorized Kember Kreative Floors™ factory store and be paid for in full. Kember Kreative Floors™ strongly suggests that buyers retain their original invoice and/or receipt along with Kember Kreative Floors™’s installation, maintenance, and warranty guides in a safe place. Kember Kreative Floors™ reserves the right to have a Kember Kreative Floors™ representative inspect the floor and remove samples for technical analysis. The representative will then report the findings within a thirty-day (30) time period.
Warranty exclusions This Kember Kreative Floors™ warranty excludes any indentations, scratched, or surface damage cause by lack of proper maintenance, accidents, misuse, high-heeled shoes or cleats, liquids, pets, insects, negligence, abuse, pebbles, sand, other abrasives, wet mopping, failure to follow all of manufacturer’s specific written instructions, poor workmanship by installer, and gloss reduction due to surface wear. In this warranty, some exclusions, conditions, and limitations are not permitted in some provinces and states by law. This warranty provides specific legal rights and does not necessarily include all the legal rights that are effective in some provinces and states. The solitary remedy provided within these warranties is the repair, refinish, or replacement at the discretion of Kember Kreative Floors™, of defective products. In the improbable circumstance that Kember Kreative Floors™ is unable to correct the defectiveness after a reasonable number of attempts, Kember Kreative Floors™ will refund, if requested by the purchaser, the original purchased price of the portion of defective flooring on a prorate basis. Any attempt that is made to repair, replace, or refinish the floor prior to the involvement of Kember Kreative Floors™ with a full inspection and authorized repair, will void this warranty. No distributor, dealer, installer, agent, or Kember Kreative Floors™ sales representative is authorized to alter or increase the terms or coverage of these warranties.